2003 In Review Overview
|Based on the fan voting, the winning stories, art, etc. are listed in the section below. The full results can be seen by checking here. If you just want the stats, then go here. Many thanks to Biby128, Elias5 1991, Miles "Per" Hour, Neo, adamis, ZoneZ The Hedgehog, SpeedFreak XIII, Elisto Dragonwings, arrowhead909, Cookirini, Dark Aldran, Justin316a, Chronos Cat, EspioFan, Rodger Swan, Pookum Snuffles, and Shadow615 for voting this year.|
2003 In Review Results
|1. The best cover: Sonic #130 (Spaz/Ribeiro)
2. The worst cover: Sonic #119 (Spaz/Ribeiro)
3. The best frontpiece: Sonic #120 (Axer/Tomas) & Sonic #121 (Axer/Tomas)
4. The worst frontpiece: Sonic #129 (Axer/Higgins)
5. The best story arc: Heart Held Hostage (#122-23): Bollers/Axer/Tomas
6. The worst story arc: Afterlife (#121-24): Penders/Mawhinney/Penders
7. The best main story from a story arc: Heart Held Hostage, Part 2 (#123): Karl Bollers
8. The worst main story from a story arc: Evo-Solution (#127): Benny Lee
9. The best back-up story from a story arc: Afterlife, Part 1 (#121): Ken Penders
10. The worst back-up story from a story arc: Space Gamble (#129): Romy Chacon
11. The best main story: The Blue Blur Returns (#130): Karl Bollers
12. The worst main story: Cater-Killer Is Coming (#119): Benny Lee
13. The best back-up story: Mobius 25 Years Later: Prologue (#131): Ken Penders
14. The worst back-up story: Better Read Than Dead (#126): Michael Gallagher & Agent Sonic Vs. Agent Knuckles (#127): Michael Gallagher
15. The best art within a main story: Heart Held Hostage, Part 2 (#123): J. Axer/Conor Tomas
16. The worst art within a main story: Cater-Killer Is Coming (#119): Ron Lim/Andrew Pepoy
17. The best art in a back-up story: Mobius 25 Years Later: Prologue (#131): Steven Butler/Ken Penders
18. The worst art in a back-up story: Agent Sonic Vs. Agent Knuckles (#127): Dave Manak/Jim Amash
19. The overall best issue: Sonic #125
20. The overall worst issue: Sonic #127
21. The best single line: "life is way too short...and indeed too fast" (commentary in Sonic #125) & "This is Mobius, not 'Urf'!" (Sonic in Sonic #124)
22. The worst single line: "Pink water--reminds me of mom's lemonade!" (Sonic in Sonic #127) & "well, sunnuvagun" (Knuckles in Sonic #130)
23. The best conversation/dialogue: From Sonic #119:
Rotor: (Typing) Where did you come from?
Nicole: Not gonna happen.
Rotoe: (Typing) Who designed you?
Nicole: Sorry, Try Again.
Rotor: (Typing) Awww...come on, Nicole.
Nicole: (Smily face with tongue sticking out)
24. The worst conversation/dialogue: From Sonic #119:
Tails: The deep end? I don't get it, Sonic...
Sonic: Y'know, the deep end? Like how you rewired its "brain" sorta making it go crazy and everything? And how you made it plunge off a cliff into the ocean instead of Knothole?
Tails: Hm. I still don't--
Sonic: Awww, forget it...
25. The best new events and ideas: Ending the Sonic/Sally/Mina love triangle, Mina's character development, return of Shadow, Sonic's "death"/homecoming, and Mobius: 25 Years Later
26. The worst new events and ideas: Tossed In Space and Extended Off-Panel.
| || |