This is Troophead, your fiendish fanfiction editor. These are the shiny new rules, which, if you break, will cause me to return your fic with a shiny, happy, self-esteem building rejection note. Nothing against ya personally.
1. Send your fanfic in HTML format. Do not send it as a word document or as a txt file, regardless of the fact that the older fics on this page are text files. This is because there have been a lot of problems with line breaks in text files, and I spend too much time pressing enter enter enter so that readers won't have to scroll horizontally, instead of reading and enjoying fanfic. If you do not know how to save your work as an html file, ask someone.
2. Spell check, or proofread. I will edit any spelling errors I see in the fic anyways, but you'll spell check because you love me.
3. Provide all the information I need to put your fic up. You know.. things like author name, title, e-mail if you'd like readers to e-mail you. You should also tell us what universes and genres your fic fits into, as well as what characters are featured significantly in your fic, because the files are sorted and searched based on this information.
4. Use good taste when you incorporate sex or violence. This usually won't be a problem, so don't worry about it too much, just use your judgment. Sorry, but we can't post R-rated fics.
5. Be patient if your story does not get put up in the next update. This does not mean that your fanfic has gone into the vorpal of fanfic doom. I'll e-mail you when your story is put up.
6. Please don't submit scripts. They're evil.
Okay. That's IT! Remember, all fanfics go to email@example.com!